Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1929


1
9
2
9

I take a jug of wine,
spit destiny in the face,
but then surrender to the reality
there is no immortality
not for the mind and not for the soul
but the bitter taste of wine
keeps me sober for a while
to remind me of the crash of 29
of nineteen twenty nine

actions and consequences,
endless perpetual sequences
of treachery, distrust and paranoiac deeds
of schizophrenic balderdash
imprisons not one; but all
and nothing would be fine
after 1929

and their women became PERSONS in 29
and our PERSONS are being confined to their homes in 29
and BBC televised the news in 29
and our television is now banned in 29
and conflict started by the Western Wall in 29
and now we are surrounded by international walls in 29

war, war and more war
hate, revulsion and disgust
lies, corruption and deceit
murder, rape and imprisonment
would not bring me a virgin in heavens
and nothing would be fine
after 1929

Oh cupbearer, pour more wine
Ah gatekeeper, draw the line
Ah moon-watcher, show me a sign
And promise me everything would be fine
After resolution 1929

No comments: