Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Anything but violence

Indicative obsession with results
Analytical conviction in deadlines, storylines, lines between the lines
Credence in linear time, and numbers, years, months, hours,
even seconds that count down the arrival of the Messiah
the second coming, the third or the nth?
Who sets the reference anyway?

A sister sang a white whisper
A brother shed her red blood
And a father that grew greener
I see, I hear, I feel……….. I feel

I see the belief in algebra’s doom
Gloom, they paint, they fix the frame
But I fly into my melancholic purple, into timelessness
Into ? timelessness? A time before the time? Is there a precedent? A sequence?
I see the purple skies and other dimensions with my inner eye
A parallel world where red blood
Does not spill on white songs
And green is getting younger, getting stronger, getting wiser, getting smarter

A poem, a picture, a painting, a song;
anything but violence bring them along;
a tolerant whisper or a deafening scream;
anything but violence will realize our dream

No comments: